Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Welcome to the Sustainable Haiti Series!

One of the reasons I chose to go to Haiti was to highlight groups doing sustainable relief and rebuilding work.  It's hard for the mainstream media to cover everything going on there and often report on the negative stories rather than the positive. I understand that the latest Cholera case is breaking news, but what about the groups that are working to ensure Cholera never even makes it into the water stream?

I don't know about you, but those are the stories I'm interested in.  I want to learn about solutions, not just read about the problems.  That's why I'm creating the "Sustainable Haiti Series" -- to share the sustainable solutions to Haiti's problems and the kick-ass organizations that are making them happen!  

Each segment of "Sustainable Haiti" will highlight a different organization I was fortunate enough to meet and spend time with in Haiti.  While they all address different needs, they all have one thing in common -- they offer a sustainable solution to a problem!  

I hope through this series, I not only raise awareness for these incredible groups, but also educate people around the world about sustainability. With natural disasters becoming more prevalent and devastating, sustainable disaster relief and rebuilding are things we all need to be educated on.

Here's a video I made about the group I'll be highlighting in Part 1 of the series, GrassRoots United.  Enjoy and stay tuned!!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment