Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year from Haiti!

It feels great to back in Haiti to start off 2012.  2011 was quite a year.  It was filled with so many wonderful memories and firsts, but the thing I'm most thankful for is my journey to Haiti.

So....it feels extremely fitting to be back here to start off the new year.  I'm looking forward to connecting with friends from my last trip and to meeting new ones during this one.  I'm so excited to continue the projects we began on our first trip and to embark on some new ones as well.

I'm not big on resolutions, but since it's a new year, here's my resolution for my time in Haiti.  I'm really going to try and stick to blogging and capturing my experiences while I'm here.  Last trip was tough, it was my first time in a place like this and even though I hate to admit it, the heat got the best of me.  By the time I was home from a full day in the field, I was wiped and surrendered to my exhaustion.  This time I'm going to force myself, even if it's just a few lines, to get on my computer and share my day because I know I'll be happy I did it once I'm home.  I learned so much the last time around and I know this incredible place has even more to teach me.

I can honestly say that Haiti made me a better person in 2011 and I hope that in 2012 I can help make Haiti a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment